Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Annual Yard Sale - City Wide

The picture you are looking at was painted by my friend, Sharon Guinn, when I needed a cover for my novel "The Estate Sale". It is perfect and now I am showing it off to you as we are in the midst of getting ready for THE yard sale of the year, the annual city wide yard sale when a hundred or more folks pull out all those magnificent unused, hidden, beautiful old pieces of china, unused mugs, dishes, collectibles and a few old chipped and cracked pieces of crockery . . . and oh books, table books, first editions, mysteries, some paper back, some hard back and oh so hard to part with. Daughter Pat and I have been working our butts off this week getting ready. Her garage looks like Macy's bargain basement. We have one more day of pricing and I am sure one or the other will find a few more choice pieces to add to the sale. This is just the start . . . tune in Sunday or Monday and I'll give you details of our Saturday Yard Sale.
Meanwhile take good care of YOU and if your close by plan on coming to the sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment