Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday morning





Oh how flowers brighten a room, but more than that they brighten my soul. I give my daughter Christine a grand speech about appreciating her thoughtfulness when she sends me flowers and I know how costly they are, then I go on to tell her, I want her to put the money into a ticket or the gas tank and come to see me. How wonderful it would be to share some time with her. She is coming, in May, and that gives me something special to look forward to. She has promised not to send more flowers but didn't promise more visits, um. . . did I do something like shooting myself in the foot?
The yellow flowers were a gift from Pat to put into my garden, aren't they beautiful? Look like rays of sunshine. Now if I could remember the name of them I'd be able to put in one of those sticks so I'd remember it as it grows. The reddish ones are a begonia and belong to John. He was very surprised to receive flowers from his sister at Easter time. You know he had a grin from ear to ear for the unexpected gift. The pink ones were my boquet from Christine and they are of the begonia family along with palm fronds and ivy. I am going to try to put them in a large pot and see what develops as I have a special spot on the front porch that needs some beauty.

I wish I could send you all big bouquets of gorgeous flowers to brighten your soul and your rooms, know the thought is there. I hope you buy some seed packets and grow some lovely flowers in your garden. As for me, I'm going to plant these beauties in my garden, maybe you'll stop by and admire them.

1 comment: