Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mother's Day is Coming













The last day of April, 2009, and I am thinking that May is going to be here complete with Mother's Day and birthdays in our family. When I wrote "So, You're Going To Have A Baby" I had not idea I would be lucky enough to catch the interest of my friend, Sharon Guinn. Actually, I was editing my stories when Sharon stopped by for a cup of tea. She asked to read one of the stories and started to laugh out loud and asked if she could illustrate them. Of course I said yes ....YES....please......as I said lucky. as you can see what a tremedous talent she has and how she made the stories come to life.
Remembering back that it took me eight years to have my first child and the trauma that went into learning how to be a mother set me to thinking that the young people of today could use a helping hand so I sat at my trusty computer and told stories of my five children and some of the adventures they lived through. The first child deserves a medal for surviving. The second one gets honorable mention for living through competition, the third deserves the French Legion Cross for surviving two older sisters, the fourth for not being 'one of the girls' as she was the baby girl and the fifth deserves all of the medals combined for surviving as the baby of the family. Each one could write stories that would set you into gales of laughter, but I think as parents we deserve at least a pat on the back for learning so many new lessons of life as our brood came along and developed into full grown adults. with tremendous talents all their own.
I had expectations that all five would marry young and produce many grandchildren . . . two is a good number. More about them at a later date.
So Mother's Day brings memories to mind that are the salvation of the soul when you are lucky enough to be able to observe the wonderful human beings that bring such love into life. I hope you are going to enjoy Mother's Day counting your blessings.

1 comment: