Friday, April 17, 2009

A Cartoon with a message

I received an e-mail today with cartoons and this one stuck out. How true. There is so much going on in our world, a war, young men and women giving their lives for reasons I have yet to understand. I will stand by each and every one of them for their bravery and for doing a job that is pushed on to them but I would love to know the whys and what is going on, but out media is racing to the next politically correct moment. The economy is a mess while the big shots vacation in their self made paradise and the media is stalking the crisis of a shooting, a hanging, a drama too horrible to hear while they ask "and how do you feel about?" . . . I'd like to tell them. I, like a million other Americans, are and have been part of what is called the silent majority . . . even passive agressive . . . whatever that means. We have said our piece. We have written our leaders and we get the message back in words they think we want to hear, but never a change or a result that would rectify a wrong doing on 'their' part in enacting a law that is unjust to the silent majority who are foolish enough to vote them in again. I don't see the media digging out the truths yet, but then I live in high hopes . . . what is the end of that adage? Oh yes, "die in despair." So I guess I didn't think the cartoon was funny. Did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment