Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Again


Time just goes by so fast as the second hand inches its way around the clock, and it seems to me time never rests. It is a good thing we do. I know I couldn't keep up with the pace of time.
To those of you who are reading "Bodewel Manor" the two pictures came through on a computer map, which was really great as you could touch a state and it brought up special pictures. I copied a couple from my home town and hope to use them in a story one day. How I wished I had these when I was sending the novel for publishing. "The Breakers" is one of the mansions on Bellevue Avenue in Newport, Rhode Island and the cliff over the ocean with the forty steps was part of the scenario within my story. Although the Kodak picture I used for the cover was perfect.
I spent some fifteen years in Rhode Island, not as many in Newport itself, although my love for Newport remains. I went there as a new bride and became a part of the Sullivan clan. Only the youngest one stayed at 'home' and the rest of us traveled far and wide to follow our dreams.
So back to my day of rest, although the early morning trip to Fred Meyers store puts a slight kink in my spirits when I check out to the tune of $92.70. Prices are higher than ever and the sales signs lie I tell you. Fred Meyer has a brand of its own and the coffee sold for $4.95, for the large can, for ages. With the recession and/or depression (depending on your income) it is now $8.95 and that isn't a top brand by any means. I'm addicted to fresh fruit and vegetables so have to pay a price for them but not $2.98 for peaches. I put the two, I chose so carefully, back in a hurry even though my mouth was watering. I bought some rhubarb instead and it is cooking on the stove right now . . . that was high also and I remember when it was a growing weed in our yard when I was little.
Son John surprised me when he walked in the door last evening. I should have known he was on his way as there has been silence for a few days. He looks great, feels good, and is happy that this particular contract is behind him. He had some tales to tell, and I am enjoying my Sunday as he sits in his favorite chair and sighs in contentment.
I hope your shopping expedition is easier on the pocket book and that you are enjoying cooking up some tasty meals this week. Stay healthy and happy. and hopefully some company will drop in and you can feel the warmth of a hug. Hugs to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment