Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Nemisis


Maxine, isn't she wonderful, full of 'mouth' and ready like a whip cutting through the air, sarcasm at its best and hilarious to boot. Well here it is the Fourth of July, 2009, a foggy day for us on the coast and cool. The tourists have taken over the town and love it. Pat tells me that the Port is crowded, the salmon are only eight miles out, fishing boats are going out three at a time and everyone is in good spirits . . . me too . . . but . . . I am sitting, just like our gal Maxine, watching television and walking through the ads. I have to tell you I am getting in a lot of exercise, the ads flash on one right after the other, almost lose the story line. Basically I'm sulking as I have what is called a Bakers Cyst and had a steroid shot in the knee to calm it down. It has calmed down some but the right leg has started up in sympathy, then the back readjusts in a painful way and that song comes to mind about the hip bone being connected to the thigh bone . . . and on and on, as my body tells me to slow down, relax and get over it. I'm working on it, but no fire works for me tonight. I'm going to watch the big display from Washington, D. C.
I hope you are having a Fourth of July blast with cookouts, music, a bit of the bubbly and some good friends to help you celebrate the birthday of our country. So, Happy Birthday America.

No comments:

Post a Comment