Friday, May 1, 2009

HAPPY MAY DAY


May 1, 2009 . . . A soft May morning, gray skies, a bit of wind blowing the big pine around as it drops those long pine needles in the rock bed underneath. I am thinking back to some of the old fashioned traditions that seem to have gone by the way side and I shake my head in wonder as we lose out once again in our fast paced world. When I lived in a small condo in Carson City, Nevada, and I have to admit the pace was much slower then, I heard my door bell ring and when I went to answer the door there was no one there . . . but . . . hanging on my door knob was a delightful little basket filled with several small gifts and a May Day card. Someone remembered an old tradition of giving a small May Day gift to some one they thought special. I can only tell you that a warm and wonderful feeling enveloped me and I smiled all day as I thanked the secret thoughtful friend who cared enough to sneak in and hang a May Day greeting on my door.
Maybe you will resurrect the old tradition and think about hanging a small basket or two on someones door, it can only make you feel good and it will make them feel loved. So I can't run around to your doors, but, know I am sending you a basketfull of loving thoughts that your day will be the best one yet. Make it a good one. HAPPY MAY DAY.

1 comment: