Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Empty Nest







I took this picture down at the Marina hoping to catch a good shot of the flags flying from one of the boats but it didn't show up, as I hoped. It turned out to be a beautiful day to walk on the board walk with my daughter Christine. People were mulling around later in the day for the slug race . . . yuck . . . I get enough of those little beauties in the garden. . . beer anyone? Pat joined us at Slugs and Stones for a delicious icecream in lieu of lunch . . . yum! I love having my children come home for a visit, short or long, doesn't make any difference as long as I get to spend some time with them. John came in long enough to lounge in his favorite chair and enjoy dinner with us, then he had to leave for his new contract in eastern Washington. Pat and Chris had a chance to check out the street fair and take in a movie. I love to see them sharing time. We missed having Michael with us. Erin too. Today the house is quiet, the sheets are washed, the towels rehung and I'm ready for the next visit, can't be to soon to please me.
I have a new bird house on the porch railing that Christine gifted me, and it is made of drift wood, small stones with a bit of tin which makes up into a lovely little shack. A tiny bird has taken up residence and I've been lucky enough to see it with small branch in its mouth. It is making a nest inside. I have been watching with camera in hand so if I'm lucky I may get a shot to make us all smile.
I hope your holiday was fun and family members had a chance to drop by . . . if not, then hop in the car and go visit them and give them a treat, don't let too much hugging time go by. John gave me several Maxine cards for my birthday and as my favorite lady Maxine said: "Remember how we used to laugh at old people when we were younger? -----What was so damn funny?" Old too soon, smart too late, don't let a lot of time slip by, it disappears in the blink of an eye.








2 comments:

  1. Nice to see pics of Chris, John and Pat. OMG, how many years has it been anyway? I fly to Pgh. on 6/3 to visit kidos. Part of me will never get used to the empty nest. (big sigh)
    xox Lynn

    ReplyDelete