Sunday, May 31, 2009

This and That











Good morning. A foggy morning here in Brookings. I wish I knew how to label the pictures, I don't, but you can find them as I tell you how wonderful it was to walk the beach when Andrea came to visit. A very cold windy morning to hunt for agates and settle for beach rocks of strange and awesome beauty. We had such fun and I'm ready to do it again.
My daughter Pat is sporting a new hair do. She came in with straightened hair and looked so beautiful, and so up scale. It is such fun to experiment with new and different hair styles but her naturally curly hair will take over and soon she will be 'complaining' about having to put up with it and do it all over again.
I'm bragging today as I have two new books out. "Bodewel Manor" is dedicated to our Sullivan cousin, Pauline Shea of Newport, Rhode Island a former Bed and Breakfast owner who sent me a picture of her wall mirror which I elude to in the book. Most is my imagination so she can relax as no tales were told outside the doorway. The second book is a children's book and was a fun project to do. I had visited the Charter school which is no longer, sad to say because the funding was not there. Twenty eight children have to suffer and it is so wrong. Anyway, I decided to make up a book so they could enjoy a story, color a picture, draw their own pictures and write their own story.
I ran out of batteries for my camera so couldn't take a picture of the lovely ladies who came to play scrabble with me last evening. They are such fun and laughing out loud is a prerequisite when we get together as we also play the 'Mexican Train' game and its offshoot 'Chicken Foot', indulge in a pizza and a glass of wine along with a sweet or two before the evening is over. Friends do make a difference in our lives. I hope you have friends to enjoy some time with and you treat them to a pizza and a glass of wine whether you play a game or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment