Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day


I walked all over the house with this picture but couldn't find a spot to get a clear shot. We have sunshine so I am not complaining, but I did want a clear picture to represent all mothers. Son Michael sent this card a few years back and I framed it . . . beautiful, soft, and reminicent of holding a tiny one in my arms, now that is a feeling a mother never, ever, forgets.
Today I had an e mail about Mothers that made me laugh out loud as it brought back some memories when my children were very small, especially the quote "Why me?" and the answer when a little voice says, "Because I love you best."
The Images of a Mother: 4 Years of age - My mommy can do anything! ( and mine thought I could.) 8 Years of age - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot! ( Gee, I was so smart.)12 Years of age - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything. ( sheesh, they are growing up fast.) 14 Years of age - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either. ( I've lost ground.) 16 Years of age - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned. ( can't figure out why I do not dye my hair) 18-Years of age - That old woman? She's way out of date! (I remember being called antiquated.) 25 Years of age - Well, she might know a little bit about it! ( I think I got a little more credit for having a brain, but not too much.) 35 Years of age - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion? (um . . . mine left that page out.) 45 Years of age - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it? ( Well, they didn't ask.) 65 Years of Age - Wish I could talk it over with Mom. (Lucky them, I'm still hobbling around ready, willing and able to give each one all the advice they do not want to listen to . )
The writing continues on with: "The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows." I thought it was well worth sharing with some of the beautiful mothers I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment