Saturday, June 6, 2009

And The Days Go On








Have you noticed some days are much better than others. Today is "D" day . . . The allied forces landed in Normandy and we lost so many men. I find it hard to believe it took place sixty five years ago, and the men who gave their lives are being honored, hopefully forever, as the news commentator mentioned the last of the veterans are dying out a thousand a day. A few are finally telling their stories after a lifetime of keeping the horrors of war within. God Bless them all.
As for my cartoon, you have to laugh with me, standing in front of a three way mirror trying on new clothing has a way of playing with our minds....oh how we see ourselves. I had a sonogram yesterday and luckily only had to remove my shoes and socks, all because of something called a Baker's cyst. I've never heard of it. As Katrina the Great, I think I can continue to bend and stoop and find that the body doesn't listen. I can only bend from the waist now so that means I put a strain on the leg muscles . . . well, what's a little strain among friends ? . . . a baker's cyst. Fluid stays in the knee and hurts, the leg swells, it actually turns red in horror but at least it is not a clot which could be the end of a beautiful friendship. Time will heal it.
The tea cup represents drop in company, hosted in my sleeping gown, but who cares, the company was good and I had my dinner brought over for today by my neighbor. She brought her company over to visit with me who is of German decent, and celebrated her visit by making an over abundance of German 'sour broughten' (forgive the spelling as I know that is not right). It looks good enough to eat.
As for Christ Himself ( doesn't that picture give you hope), whose arms surround us every day, let us lift up our hearts and say a prayer that we can cope with the days as they go on. I'll say a prayer for your good health, a bit of wealth and a lot of belly laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment