Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Patience is a Virtue




I promised to take pictures of the mother bird who visits the birdhouse everyday and I have stood patiently waiting for the opportunity, well today was it, and the three pictures have mother bird sitting on the railing with a tiny piece of something in her mouth; and the other two she is at the tiny opening in the birdhouse. The sad part is that it does not show up in the pictures here but if you had the pictures in your computer you could enlarge them and see her. She is about a foot away from the bird house (to the right) in the first picture and the other two right at the opening. She should show up as she is a bright fat old gal with a bright yellow jacket and a white belly. There are three of them that come by every day and two sit high on the wire chirping while this one dives and flies around making sure I am not nearby. One tiny noise from me and she is long gone. Will we get to see the little ones? Who knows . . . but believe me I am not standing our there for hours to try and get a picture of them. Sorry, but the weeds are calling.
I hope you have a bird house and birds in your yard. I hope they come and find some lovely seeds to eat and know they are welcome. I hope that they sing for you and make your day as bright as these little ones do when they sing for me.


1 comment: