Tuesday, June 23, 2009

AND THE WIND BLEW


The moon rose, the wind subsided finally, but, not before it knocked over the little bird house and I found it upside down in a large empty flower pot this morning. My heart did a little skipping as I thought about the nest inside and the tiny eggs, or already hatched birds, and wonder if they survived. I did see the mother bird flying in with something in her beak since I put the birdhouse back in the same place, this time with a rock placed in a better spot, hopefully so it will not blow over again. I am afraid to move it anywhere else for fear the nest will be abandoned. I am hoping the hatchlings are okay and soon I will see them fly away. I can only hope they are meant to live and enjoy our world. Isn't it just like life? You get things lined up and think all is just as it should be when something comes along and a sudden change, good wind, sometimes ill wind blows in and disrupts our world, but we survive and go on; hopefully the little hatchlings will. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment