Monday, June 8, 2009

Update




A new birdhouse is sitting in my yard thanks to my daughter Patricia who happened on a yard sale and found a larger bird house to entice the two momma birds from vying for space. I just noticed the older birdhouse has two openings, a two story bird house, now that has to be a first. There is not one, but two birds trying to build a nest in the birdhouse on the porch. They seem to know when I am about and wait patiently for me to disappear then come and land on the porch rail with a feather or a piece of twine in their beaks. Pat was standing by the window yesterday and got to see one of them enter into the birdhouse and then fly out and away. So today I am going out and see if I can tie the new birdhouse down so the wind will not topple it and hope that one of the birds discovers it and moves in. I will put some of the lovely bird seed out to entice them and wait patiently to see what happens. As you can see there is a bird feeder on the fence rail which the larger birds frequent, hopefully one of them will nest in the new birdhouse. Time will tell, I'll let you know.
I hope that you have made friends with the birds in your yard. Pat has a yard full of the most beautiful birds that find peace and contentment in her yard. I'm hoping for the same as they are fun to watch and really very beautiful. They have a 'way' with them, just like we do and I hope you invite them in so they can make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment