Friday, June 19, 2009

Waiting

This is one of Pat's favorite places to visit . . . it feels like a good waiting spot and I wouldn't mind being right there by the lake, which by the way, reminded me of one I loved to visit when I lived in Nevada. I wrote a poem about 'Reflections'

Whenever there are lakes and streams/with trees growing along all sides/the sun comes out/and shadows fall/turning the leaves and trees upside down./
The calmness is a mirror/showing a magic picture/in the stream/ a twin mirage of color/lifeless like a dream./
Reflections make you smile/as the ducks take to the pond/making tiny rivulets/as they glide along.
I think in this particular lake it would be fish, a mosquito or two, and in the trees an eagle, or maybe a brown bear hiding behind a tree . . . guess we will have to use our imaginations and wait and see.

I'm waiting for the phone to ring to tell me if company is coming in today. I'm waiting for the laundry to be finished and the butter to soften to make some cookies. I've been waiting for the sunshine for weeks and here it is shining which mean the winds are up and if I am lucky, son John will invite me out to lunch. He surprised me with a weekend visit. Waiting, waiting, waiting is not always a bad thing . . . think of the anticipation . . . a wonderful afternoon spent with those you love. I hope you are waiting for someone special to come, or call, and the waiting becomes worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment