Thursday, February 19, 2009

Envy


Isn't envy one of the deadly sins? I think so. I pride myself in the fact that I have never been jealous or envious of others no matter how much they have, or the style in which they live, but today I am wearing a lovely green sweatshirt, part of my 'daily uniform', and I think the color reflects the feelings I had when I read my daughter Pat's blog this morning. She is in Oakland, California visiting my granddaughter, Erin. They are 'out and about' and thereby hangs my tale of envy. I want to be 'out and about' enjoying all of the excitement of city living. They are going to a marvelous museum; stopping off at huge department stores filled with things they cannot afford as the haute couture is served on a silver platter. They are seeing people of different cultures, different walks of life and hearing the city noises which have been lost to these ears for a very long time. Yes, I am feeling a bit of envy, but not enough to keep it, as I plan my own day in the quiet surroundings of this little town with its huge ocean to visit. I like hearing about the big cities but I've reached the age where peace and harmony go hand in hand and I count my blessings. City living is for the young and it is exciting, wonderful and frustrating, and a very good place to go for a very short visit. I have a feeling my daughter is going to sigh in relief as she drives into her driveway and is home. Home, you know, the place where your heart is. I hope today you are 'home' doing all the things you love to do. Make your day special, just like you.
























No comments:

Post a Comment