Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Storm is Coming


Good morning. The weatherman tells us that there is a storm coming in with winds up to fifty miles per hour. A good day to hunker down and visit daughter Patricia who has a fire place and a better TV than I have. Of course, I'll hint for an invitation, as one does not just go and invite themselves to a warm fire and a movie, but knowing my daughter, the invitation will come and, we will have a wonderful afternoon. A stop at the store to pick up some treats is in order, so I will have to go and look and see what I can find. A bit of fancy cheese and crackers with a little Merlot wouldn't be bad; or a big mug of hot coffee and a hot apple turnover out of the oven would be pretty tasty . . . yes, turning on the oven on a cold windy day warms the house and the hot turnover does wonders for the sagging spirit. I wish you could join us as a few friendly faces bring love and laughter to the mix, can't think of a better way to spend a stormy afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! And you have an open invitation to for dinner and a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh. . . . That is JUST mean. . . Gramma. . . .How can I get my bOoty over there?? What a wonderful day to spend a stormy afternoon! One of my favorite pastimes. . .

    I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete