Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hearts To You


Not only did I get a lovely valentine this morning but a plate full of homemade scones, my favorite, warm from the oven, filled with a cherry jelly reminicent of the good old jelly donuts of years back. To heck with my diet, warm scones and hot coffee produce a warm glow from the inside out. How lucky I am to have such a beautiful caring daughter who, by the way, is one of the most efficient papergirls in this town. Our newspaper comes out twice a week and keeps us apprised of the events and the news of what is happening in our small town. There are pictures of our coast line and a page showing the fisherman's catch which can be a thirty or forty pound ling cod or a beautiful salmon. I never thought of a fish being beautiful, but I am slowly being converted. The picture of the thirty foot waves smashing into the beach caught my attention. Yesterday I had a ride to Sporthaven beach and got a look at them first hand. The sea is so powerful and the winds create a sea spray on top of the waves that is magical. Someone was throwing tidbits to the seagulls who were hovering around the car almost engulfing it with their presence. Pat had her camera ready and tried to get a picture through the window of the car, but it came out fuzzy. She did get some great pictures though and one was a crusty old bird who was waiting patiently for us to throw out some food and protected her area by snapping and chasing other gulls away. A mean old gal, with a fiesty temper, who looked like she was ready to take us on if we didn't feed her. We didn't, so she turned her back and waddled away.
I smiled when I found my daughter's valentine in the newspaper this morning from her friend. How wonderful to know that this day has not changed, and hopefully never will, as we remember our family, our friends, and even an enemy or two with love in our hearts. Make your day a good one and celebrate love in all its many facets.


1 comment: