Monday, February 23, 2009

Pitter, Patter, Puddles and Raindrops





It's a quiet day, time to meditate, time to catch up with that odd job list you have put aside for a rainy day, ---- but ! ---- now that it is teeming rain, and there is time, the heart and soul cry out for reflection. I've taken time to read blogs written by others and find them fascinating. I've gone for a ride, in the rain, to the pharmacy and replaced the vitamins I ran out of this morning. We even took time out to have a lunch of soup and salad which was delicious . . . but! ----, my daughter tells me I am one to find fault with everything, and she is right, I do, I taste, I try, I comment and it is usually something like, "that was really very good ---- but! ---- The but! is because the soup had much too much salt in it; the salad was delicious ---- but! ---- the plate was so small everything had to be built up to a togetherness that made it not very palatable. I really do not mean to sound negative, it is just that I think it is the duty of everyone to put forth their best and not 'make-do'. If they are using left overs, heaven forbid the dregs of yesterdays menu, to make the soup then they ought to cut out the fat from the meat and not kill the taste buds with an over abundance of salt. Of course this is my opinion and I'm stuck with it, so I will go back to my reading of blogs by some folks who would be fun to know.


Make your rainy day a good one, maybe off to a quiet spot to read that page turner you cannot stop reading; maybe to write an e-mail to one of your shutin friends, or pop corn and choose an old rainy day movie, now that appeals to me. Whatever you choose to do on this quiet rainy day, enjoy it, I am. Love and Hugs to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment