Monday, February 16, 2009

Presidents Day


Prepare for a gripe this morning as I wonder why there had to be a change honoring our past presidents and grouping them into one holiday. Oh, I know the majority of folks like having an extra day off on the weekend and extend on to a Friday or a Monday, but what is wrong with a day off mid week. I would think a break would be beneficial and enjoyed. It seems like we are selling ourselves short as we move the calendar dates around take away the honor bestowed on our former leaders who grew old and feeble carrying the weight of the nation on their shoulders. They deserve their special day. I know, that is only my opinion, but I wanted to express it, and I have, so I'll go light a candle in honor of those who were so valient and say a prayer for all those Presidents that have not been named or honored.
I would have published a picture of Mount Rushmore but I do not have one in 'my pictures', but this mountain view taken in Carson City reminds me of faces and if you look very closely you can see a handsome one.

So, having said my say, I will go back to my unfinished household chores. I hear the bell from the dryer saying it is time to fold some clothes. I'm waiting for that magic machine that washes, dries, irons and fold the clothes, and while we are at it, why not a way to put them away...nothing lazy about me.


Make your day a good one and enjoy the brightness of our sky for however long it lasts. A tune comes to my mind . . . "Rain, when you going to rain again rain . . . " soon....I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment