Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stormy Weather


Good morning. Waking up at 4:44 a.m. is not unusual for me, and this morning I am listening to the rain beat down on the little drain pipe making a bell like tone as the rain does it's dance and the wind blows. My son and I were invited to my daughter's home for, not the hot apple turnovers I talked about yesterday, but for a delicious tomalie pie with hot cornbread. That should make your taste buds sit up and take notice. We did have our Merlot and even a few chips and salsa, and the movies, "Contract Murder" and "Eagle Eye" kept our mind off of the storm that came in with thunder and heavy winds. We didn't take time to go see the waves which were to be thirty feet high. The ocean shows us how powerful it is, and it is a sight to see. There was a short break in the storm when the sun came out for just minutes and the dark thread like clouds seem to touch the trees making me think of hope. The storm came in and it is still on going, but the sound of rain, which I cannot describe, leaves a feeling of continuity. No matter how blustery it gets, it does stop and the sun comes out and all is right in our world. So, keep positive thoughts in the turmoil surrounding us, and keep your faith.
My granddaughter Erin is a wonderful photographer and this picture is one of my favorites. Thanks Erin for keeping me in prize pictures. Je vous aime.

1 comment:

  1. How were the movies???

    I don't mind at all you sharing images that inspire you!

    Happy (early) VALENTINES day~ thank you for my VERY cute card! Its sitting on top of my dresser.

    Happy Thursday~
    xoxox
    ~e

    ReplyDelete