Monday, March 9, 2009

The Beautiful Ling Cod


Thanks to my daughter and her friendly fishermen, I had ling cod for my dinner tonight. Broiled with lemon juice, a little Bay seasoning, a tad of butter and the short twelve minutes of cooking seemed like a very long time when the aromas blended with the green broccoli and the yellow summer squash. I find it amazing that the body knows when you feed it properly. Every part seems to take part in the romance with food and the feeling of satisfaction becomes the award for the day. So my heartfelt thanks to my dedicated fishing folks.
Boy, that was good . . . I wonder when they will catch another one? I hope soon. I hope a big one with pieces to share. I might even make up a batch of cookies for the fishermen. Yes, I might just do that, after all it is always better when you share. Okay, daughter mine, order up . . . good night gracie, sweet dreams when you get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment