Saturday, March 28, 2009

Where The Deer Play






Ten minutes after I pulled down the blinds for the night, and I settled in my chair to watch the Television, my phone rang, it was my neighbor, Laverne, asking me if I knew that our resident deer were chomping away at the bushes in the front yard. I grabbed my camera and opened the door as quietly as I could thinking, please, please, don't let me scare them away. Six of them were standing in my yard eating my neighbors bushes. When I opened the door they all looked up, much like a chorus line, all ears high to the sky and a look of 'yes, do you want something? . . . or more like "don't bother me, can't you see I'm busy', you know 'the look!'

I clicked the first picture through the screen door not daring to open the door in case they took flight, but they didn't move, just nonchalantly continued their repast. I slowly opened the screen door and put one foot out on the mat and took three more pictures as fast as I could. By now they were wise to me and started to leave, no hurry, just sauntered one by one down to the end of the yard and out onto the street. They were heading home to the Mill Beach area where they live.


How beautiful they are. One of the good reasons to live in a small seaside town.

No comments:

Post a Comment