Thursday, March 12, 2009

A New Digital Camera with a View Finder

























My son John sent for a digital camera when he found me using my old camera with film in it. It is almost passe and before long we wont be able to buy film for the camera, although I find that hard to believe, as everyone cannot change cameras just because the world is going by faster and faster in this new electronic age. I am delighted, now, how to use it ! I had a digital camera that my daughter Patricia gave me and I was learning to use it but it was very hard without a view finder. The screen was fine but I could not see the picture so I returned it to her and she shared it with her daughter, Erin, to use with her students in the photography class. See . . . it didn't go to waste.


I've spent the last several days snapping pictures and I am making notes as I go . . . as my rententive mind has gone by the wayside along with a few other important body parts. I think I've got it down pretty good and I am going to give you a preview of the pictures I took. Some at Crescent City where the Sea Gulls were teaching their new babies how to waddle into the big waves. It was a sight to see, hundreds of them. The old sea lions moan and groan as they laze on the big raft, and I took one of my son who enjoyed the views too. The next batch are from Harris Beach where the ocean was calm, almost like a sheet of glass. It was low tide and the sun was setting so it was the perfect place to be. The big sea stacks stand by for the waves to crash around them and that makes for good picture taking. Of course, the sunset is beautiful. It is almost an old fashioned sepia photo. I already love the camera and taking pictures is one of my favorite things to do. I hope you enjoyed seeing them.


Sweet dreams when you get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment