Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hump Day




I was amazed to find out that this gentleman was responsible for Maxine and her famous barbs. What a guy!! She makes me laugh out loud, and from what I read, he gets his ideas from the ladies in his life. How I'd like to have a tea party with them.
Well, the doctor mentioned exercise so I went out to the pile of branches and leaves that Chon, our little Mexican gentle man who does a good job clipping hedges for several of us here in the neighborhood. The only problem is he brought his son along with him and the two chopped the huge hedge that is between my neighbor to the rear of our home. I thought he was going to clip the side leaning over the ditch which fills up with weeds and I cannot keep up with them as it is too far down for me to jump into. Well, I would, if I could. But . . . to make a long story short I have a pile of rubble almost as tall as the garage. It cost me for two workers and I had to order a dumpster, thus, my filling a wheel barrow with branches and twigs and long thorns from the berry bushes that grow within the hedges. There are a few left over bird nests as well. I quit after eight wheel barrow loads, closed the dumpster top and headed for the coffee pot and the computer. Aah, I'm in a very good spot, shoes off, have read my e-mails and had my laugh for today when I saw that it is Tweety-bird's 60th birthday and there he sat without plumage and a very long face. Sixty is like a soft breeze and you actually feel forty, just wait until you become an octogenarian and feel the hurricane forces holding you in their wake. I'm sulking just because I've worn out some very important parts.
I am blessed. I made a brand new e- mail friend with the lovely name of Katheryn . I love the way she spells her name, reminds me of my daughter Eileen who spelled her name Eylen. The 'y' must add grace and beauty to an already beautiful name, and a chance to be a bit different.
I hope that you are spelling your name as your heart desires. Take time to spread it around and make a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment