Friday, August 14, 2009

A Prayer







The prayer we probably would benefit the most at this time of scare tactics in our world is the Prayer of Serenity, a favorite of mine.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."


If you haven't read "The Quickening" by Art Bell, a trip to the library would be in order. It has been out since 1997 and encompasses all that is going on. Enlightening and frightening with a few practical suggestions on how we can approach the future . . . so it says on the back cover. I haven't gotten that far yet.


So, with that in mind, I hope the cartoons will bring a giggle or two. I love political cartoons. Remember we only have today to make into something, so get busy and make it the best you can. I am going off with my daughter Patricia and we are going to have a delectable lunch out after we shop Walmarts . . . well, there isn't much of any where else to shop around here. I'll stock up on that new Orange Glow Wood floor cleaner which keeps my kitchen floor sparkling. I might even buy a new dish towel, or check out the movies for an upcoming rainy day . . . and I am going to take my camera along in case I find a special picture I can share with you another day.
Out you go . . . out to sunshine and smiles . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment