Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Crown for today.




Usually I am at my computer typing a blog to you out there in 'cyber-space' but today I had an appointment with a 'crown' not the lovely one you see here, but the start of one by Dr. Hurst, the local dentist who has magic fingers. He really does a thorough job as I can attest to after one whole hour in his chair. I broke a tooth a few months back and it didn't hurt, so I thought I'd just leave it be until I went for my cleaning but Dr. H. had other ideas. $850 is what they charge now, I cannot believe it. I am still talking to myself. When I asked and he told me the price, I said, "Okay, but it will have to be a dollar down and a dollar when you catch me." Neither he nor his assistant had heard that old adage before. I told him I was moving slow since I have a leg problem, now I could tell you about that but I am afraid you would sign out and find something more interesting to read. I go back in two weeks for the finished product and hopefully will not visit his office until next year.
Meanwhile I am feasting on the blueberry muffins I made yesterday. I used a recipe that my pen pal of sixty years sent to me. She used to bake them every time I visited and believe me they were worth the trip across country to get them. I had two ladies visit and they stayed to have a cup of tea and a muffin and, of course, had to have the recipe. I was happy to share it as they really truly are a special treat and they took a couple home in a baggie to enjoy later. It is a good thing I doubled the batter . . . I just knew ! ! ! Calories??? Calories??? What a word . . . there has to be a spoil sport everywhere.
I hope you are baking some goodies to share with your family and friends. Holler if you want the recipe. If I knew "you were coming ----I'd bake a cake" Make today a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment