Saturday, August 29, 2009

Some place new



I flew the coop yesterday and entered the land of Facebook.
I found out that several family members and a few old friends were on line. You know, it is a scary fast paced place for me. It is like going to a strange new place and not know your way around. Funny, the computer has a way of making me feel a little dumb, stupid, out of my element, and down right scared I'm going to blow the computer up, but I do know enough to be dangerous. I signed up. I signed in. I even talked one liners to a couple of folks. Before the day was over I caught up with a couple of people I have not seen or spoken with in ages. It was delightful. It was fun. It certainly is not like blogging where I can write to my heart's content. It is more like a one liner, quick, with little or no time for long conversations. Not my kind of writing, but, I will give it a chance just so I can tune in and see what 'they' are up to. Granddaughter Erin has her Cuba pictures on and they are tremendous. What a photographer she is. She is busy putting a portfolio together and wanted folks to choose a favorite picture or two, an impossible request as there are so many really good ones. I sent her an e-mail with a few thoughts and a suggestion or two that I could put into more than a line or two. Facebook keeps you updated in a fast paced world in which most of our friends and family now live in. As for me, I want to continue with my blog and continue to inundate my family and friends with my words and thoughts of the day. If you don't have reading time, it is okay, just go to Facebook and I'll be there. . . but know in your heart I'll be hoping that you will be reading my blog, with a cup of coffee or tea in hand, a cookie or two and a smile on your face. The coffee pot awaits. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment