Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Musing About Little Things










I am in a musing mood this morning about little things happening in my life. I turned on the computer to find an instant message from my daughter Christine saying good morning, I love you. What a beautiful way to start my day. Then . . . a phone call, daughter Pat is bringing her friend Jan over to have some of my blueberry pancakes. Usually I make the best in town, but this morning, not a chance, have no idea why the batter and I had to do battle but we did. Jan was gracious and ate a couple but I am sure she will regret it most of the morning. Maybe that walk they are talking around the Port will work the taste off and she will come another day to enjoy some blueberry pancakes that will be mouth watering.
I worked, well not really worked, out in my garden yesterday and the wild berry bush that grew up on my fence has given me a dozen or more black berries that have been delicious. The thorns are horrendous which makes the picking very hard. How come we have such luscious berries and those awful thorns; life I guess, the bitter with the sweet, the berries or roses with the thorns.
The good news this morning is that Erin is back in the USA after two silent weeks in Cuba. As Pat said this morning, "I didn't realize I was holding my breath." How right she is, and how concerned we were as the network connection was not available and two weeks of silence is a very long time. Now we are anxious to have Erin visit so we can hear all about her trip and see the pictures she took. I'll send some on with some news when she shares them.
I am almost finished with "The Quickening" which is very thought provoking read. The author, Art Bell, has done a thorough job of recording the history of the changes in our lifetime. It is like reading the head lines in a newspaper or listening to the evening news. The thought that comes to mind is 'stop the world, I want to get off,' but while I wait for that to happen, I will just continue to take life as it comes and hope I am wise enough to do some good.
So, with all of that, know I am thinking about all of you today. I am thankful for my e-mail friends and delight in the stories and the jokes sent along. I find a belly laugh is very good for the soul, and I hope you do also. Make today a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment