Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fear




What is fear?
"To walk alone/in the night/ upon a a dark street/seeing shadows/moving near our feet
hearing noises/in the dark/when we should be asleep.
Illness comes to mind/when a child's fever is so high/ strokes that take the mind/and sometimes make us die.
Inability to control things we cannot be/ accidents/hurt pride/estrangement from our family.
Age so fast/and now at last/its time for us to go/unknown/into the dark/and we must go alone.
Fear has a taste/no time to waste/grab hold/keep your faith/be bold.
I wrote that poem some time ago and all kinds of thoughts have me musing this morning. I've heard from folks with problems, you know the kind, health and unhappiness, blame and shame, somethings we have all shared a little of in our lifetime. I can listen but I have no answers.
When the doctor asked if I was depressed I felt the tears behind my eyes. He said, "It is normal, and if it gets any worse we can give you something to help." I shook my head, held up my hand and said, "No thank you. I am much too stubborn to harbor self pity and know I have enough faith to come to my rescue." He said no more.
I am thinking honesty, and wish there was more of it. There are a couple of people in my life I do admire because they are truly honest and make no apology for it. They are not always the most sought after but they do tell it as it is and not as we wish it to be.
So my musings take me wishing I had the words of encouragement to show my friends that life is not always as we wish it to be, but, it is facing yourself in the mirror in all honesty and think about the current problem and know you have to answer within to resolve it. Thus, we have come full circle and 'fear' is part of the reason we do not give ourselves an honest answer.
So board the beautiful pirate ship and sail off to the land within your inner self and find a sunny port of love and forgiveness. Me, I'm lighting some candles for everyone and I am going to say a prayer or two that each of us finds what we need the most . . . love will do . . . and I have plenty of that to go around.


No comments:

Post a Comment