Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tidbits

I had a chance to ride out this morning. First I had to go have blood drawn so I could find out how my inner parts are working, 'good', 'better' and 'best', I hope. It was an excuse to eat out so Pat and I had breakfast at the Pancake house then on to the Harbor where I took these pictures. It is a gray morning and the Pelicans are perched on their rocks in the river, while the Marina itself is filled with lovely boats. I noticed they removed some of the separators to make room for the larger boats which are very big and beautiful. One small seagull stood very quietly and let me take its picture. A good way to start the day.



I checked with a friend yesterday and found out that the little puppy Mocha found a new home right away and is doing fine. That makes both Pat and me happy.
I am in the midst of reading a booklet "Foods That Heal, Reverse Aging and Extend your Lifespan" and find it interesting and amusing. I think each of us knows what is best to put into our stomachs, and when we don't, we know the reaction we get. Our bodies do not lie. Some of the information tells us that if we drink real true Chinese tea, as the Chinese people have for centuries, we would be healthier and cure a lot of ailments. The trouble with that is I cannot pronounce the herbs and have no idea where to get them, so if you have some Pueraria, Peony alba or jujube hanging around let me know so I can borrow some. So far I find that if we eat our fruit and vegetables, stay away from fat and sugar we will all stay healthy, but . . . happy? um ... I don't think so. I enjoy my deserts and have just the figure to prove it.
I have housework to do if I can get around that puzzle which has taken over the dining room table, there has to be a good hundred or more pieces left to put in. Now comes the hard part, dark brown, black, midnight blue, my kingdom for a good light, maybe the sun will shine soon so I can tell the colors apart.
All in all I hope you find time this morning to go outside and take a short walk, breathe in the fresh air and look around and see what is there to look at -----could be a pigeon where you are, or a wonderful cat doing all kinds of clever tricks, or a neighbor wondering what you are doing outside so early in the morning. Smile and wish them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment