Friday, September 4, 2009

A Mix







Istepped out on the porch last evening to try and capture a picture of the full moon as I sang "Shine on, shine on, harvest moon, up in the sky....." la, la, la, but the picture did not come out clear enough to download. I seldom see a moon or stars around here as we have fog most of the time. All I can tell you is that it was beautiful.
This morning I had political cartoons on the computer and they are getting funnier and funnier as the cartoonist loose their fear of telling it like it is. I hope our representatives are paying attention as there may be a definite change of employment for a lot of them. The majority may be silent, but not for long.
Meanwhile yesterday turned out to be an interesting day. I had drop in company for coffee and a needed hug which is easy to share. I have to laugh as I had just sat down with the left over salad from the night before and a toasted cheese sandwich . I cut the sandwich in two, handed her a fork so she could dig in and help herself to salad. We made out fine and had some fig bars for desert. There is just something about sharing and caring that makes our day change from dim to bright. Then son John arrived and he shared so many interesting details of his trip in Chicago and then on to follow the Ohio river and on to Delaware. He is only here for a day or two then on to a short contract in southern California. I hope there are no fires and smoke problems where he is going. That fire was horrific with so many losing their homes and everything they owned. The picture of the little deer and the bob cat, survivors of the fire, shows misery brings comfort even to strangers.
To celebrate his home coming I made a 'jean' dish which, by the way, turned out very good. I remember when the kids would look at each other and wonder what was in a 'jean' dish knowing I had mixed and matched everything I could glean from the refrigerator. Well, you can't throw things away, after all remember all 'the starving children in China' . . . so, if you are interested in my recipe, I cooked up some very expensive hamburger, 99% fat free, chopped in some onion, added a half packet of taco mix with water and while that was cooking I tore up some of those new taco shells that are supposedly 'hand made' and opened a can of whole pinto beans which I drained half of the juice then added in layers the hamburger, shells and slices of cheddar cheese, topped with black olives and tiny garden tomatoes, covered it with the green sauce and baked it in a slow oven. . . and its all gone!
So if you are in the neighborhood let me know and I'll create a 'jean' dish just for you. Today I've been invited out to dinner . . . um . . . wonder if that 'jean' dish was as good as I thought.
Have some fun today, do something you have not done in a long while, some one thing that will make your day go from dim to bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment