Sunday, September 27, 2009

FINI


It is Sunday morning and I am very happy to say that with the help of my daughter Patrica, and a few pieces put into the puzzle by my neighbor, La Verne, it is FINISHED.....yeah!!! I am not sure I would tackle 1,500 pieces of a puzzle again. I can hear my children saying "Oh Yes, she will" and they are mean enough to go out and buy a couple of more that are just as challenging. BUT, there goes my favorite word, I don't think I can do many more as I get so involved I sit much too long and create some problems I do not need. The eyes are changing . . . whine, whine, whine....I am just not sure I WANT to do another puzzle as I have done some real beauts this past year or two. They are time consuming but fun., and if I do not choose to do another, I will miss out on some wonderful Beverly Doolittle Indian scenes, or the promised stick together kind that fall apart when you try to put a piece in. Aah, a test of patience, like unraveling a skein of yarn or taking the knots out of string.
I was born to be an organizer and all of the challenges in life gives me ample opportunity to try. When I was out in the working world, a long time ago, filing was one of my favorite things to do. If there was a huge stack of papers overflowing an in-basket, you can be sure I was smiling as I had something to do. I must have paid attention to that 'idle hands are the hands of the devil' so I gather I equate disorder with challenge and can hardly wait to get it all in order and organized.
I hope you are organized today and have time left over to go outside in the sunshine (or rain if that is what is going on where you are) and check out the stores and see if there is a puzzle you want to buy and put away for the winter months when you feel up to a challenge . . . it's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment