Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September


Summer almost gone, Labor Day coming up and the newspaper is filled with ads for 'back to school'. I remember those days. It was always fun to take the grandchildren for their first day of school clothing until they got old enough to have a list that I could not afford, so I changed to a small check and they had to buy their own computers, cars and all that good stuff.
As you can see I put Maxine's photo out there for you to chuckle over. I wish I had her way with fast quips instead of thinking of some retort way after the need. I'm watching my weight and watching is the buzz word as I made blueberry pancakes for my breakfast this morning. Well, the batter was left over and I couldn't just let it sit there. I'm addicted to blueberry pancakes and feel I am doing my duty of filling in the small spaces that haven't caught up with the rest of the unfilled areas.


August was the month for the Congressmen and Senators to make their way home for a chat with their constituents, and in some areas they were greeted with a little disdain. Our Senator fared off pretty well, nothing spewed or thrown but he did get a message to take back with him. When I saw this cartoon, I just knew I wanted to share it with you.
So today is my in home day and there is plenty of things to do around the house. I moved the vacuum into the bedroom for a start, then promptly sat down at the computer and decided to blog. It is so much more fun. Okay, I'll go. I do have to dust and keep the key board clean as I will be back.
Make your day a good one. Do something special just for you. Call a friend you haven't talked to in awhile . . . um, my phone hasn't been ringing off the hook . . . enjoy some left overs for lunch then curl up with a good book and do that housework tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment