Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Laugh and the world . . .







Here it is the end of September already. In Toronto, Canada they have lovely gardens and have some talented trimmers. I copied two of the pictures to share, the cat which might be like friend Jo's 'Oscar' who has not run away for months now. I gather his last sojourn out into the bushes was enough to last the rest of his nine lives. The Pelican makes me smile as we often ride down to Sporthaven beach and watch the pelicans on the river rocks. I talk about them often as they are such fun to watch as the glide gracefully onto the rocks, then fly up into the air and turn around smoothly to return to their rocks and land with a plop, nothing graceful about them at all when it comes to settling in the water. I received a beautiful grouping of pictures this morning that were unusual but not the kind I could make a copy of to show you. Our world is filled with beauty and some awesome sights. One of the most beautiful was a scene of a pathway leading up to the top of a mountain. The climbers were walking slowly toward the peak and it looked like they were reaching for the clouds. There were strange and wondrous scenes of sea creatures, so many that it looked like the ocean was covered with them. How I marvel at the photographers who go out and 'shoot' to catch our world in all its glory.
The cartoon made me laugh out loud when I saw it. I think we ladies have all been victimized by a loving husband whom we spoiled with our tender loving care over the years. If I remember correctly, we did not allow ourselves to be sick as the world as our family knew it, would crumble. I had a couple of cartoons on my refrigerator, once upon a time, that showed a harried housewife holding an infant, two holding on to her skirts, as she was cooking over a hot stove and her husband went out the door ---- and the caption was "coward" ---- I was married to a night worker (smile!). The other was of a husband saying to his wife, "how do you like your coffee" and the caption said "married thirty-nine years". It is such fun to be able to laugh at ourselves because we are really very comical in our expectations of each other, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
I hope you are lucky enough to have your mate and that you are enjoying each other both in the good and bad times. Find reasons to laugh out loud and reasons to laugh together for it helps in the best and worst of times. Make today a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment