Tuesday, September 22, 2009

IF






If I had an invitation to go for a ride in a helicopter, would I? Probably yes but I would be sitting there white knuckled, praying a lot and wondering if I lost my mind by saying yes . . . but not my granddaughter Erin, look at that smile, she's having fun and loving it. A new friend and his dad repair old helicopters and fly them. Erin didn't hesitate to accept an invitation and brought her trusty camera along to take pictures. I think she got a terrific shot. I'll have to find out where along the southern coast this picture was taken. She did say there were no doors....aah, my heart just went down to my shoes. Erin will probably add flying to her 'Bucket List' which is getting longer every day.


Speaking of "Bucket List" did you see the movie with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman? It was something to see and enjoy. I haven't created a list of my own, but on the other hand, I think I've always had a want or two. Wishful thinking doesn't do it. We need the courage of our own convictions and get on with living our lives to the fullest . . . one day as it comes . . .


So today, put the 'if' aside and think of some one thing you want to accomplish and get it done, big or little, reaching out, sharing hugs, catching up on a chore you hate to do, riding off to some one place you have been wanting to see, or cuddling down with that book that has been sitting by your bedside waiting for you to open its cover, or, if you are lucky and have an opportunity to fly away to someplace special you have been wanting to go, do it, go and enjoy -----and call a grandchild and tell them how much joy they bring to your life. I sent a Facebook message to mine. and thanked her for not having an 'iffy' mind wondering about negatives when all we have to do is keep an open positive mind, yeah, the courage of our convictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment