Monday, September 7, 2009

The Wonder of Attachments





In the village of Inakadate in Japan they have been growing rice by the hundreds of thousands forever. The villagers and the volunteers choose the four colors of the rice plants and make the wonderful scenes you see in the pictures. One is of the rice plant itself and the other is a Sengoku warrior. I find it amazing I am learning so much as family and friends send me attachments to open and enjoy. The wonder of it all, how little we know of what goes on in our world . . . but . . . it is never to late to tune in.
Granddaughter Erin took her new students off to one of the National Parks this past weekend. It is something the academy does at the beginning of the school year so the teachers and the children can bond, and it works. Here you see Erin kissing a huge turtle, maybe she thought it was a toad, and Prince Charming wasn't far behind----I'll have to ask her next time she visits and see if a turtle works better than a toad.
When you go drifting off in a row boat next time, think of the folks in Holland who live in a village that is calm and serene and the only method of transportation is by boat. What a lovely scene and oh how I would like to be able to visit there. I did get to Amsterdam and had tea in a small shop where they introduced us to a 'tea-bag' that was pencil thin and made of aluminum with a hundred tiny holes. The waiter gave me one as a souvenir but I've lost it in my travels. I keep waiting for the tea companies to put it on the grocery shelves but so far they haven't done it. It is a very clever idea and neater than our tea bags, and, I might add it has lots of good flavor.

So my loves, it is Monday, the start of the second week of September. Our morning is sunshine beautiful with a slight breeze so the outdoors is calling. I have birds to feed and by the time I come in the kitchen floor will be dry and shining and I will cut into that beautiful zucchini bread that Pat brought over this morning. She has a friend that makes them by the dozen and passes them to friends and lucky me, I was gifted one this morning. I've passed on the recipe so if you haven't made one yet, you are missing out.
Make today like a colorful balloon that is floating up high in the air, free and beautiful, just like you.




1 comment:

  1. HA! this photo is actually in Cuba. :D Kissing the turtle doesn't work any more than kissing a frog. . .mmmm maybe I should swim with the dolphins and give it a kiss next time . See if prince charming finds his way on the same path I follow. :D

    ReplyDelete