Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mish-Mosh Thoughts






Charlie Brown in a pondering mood. What a great artist and clever man we lost when Charles Schulz died. When I saw good old Charlie this morning it made me think of my 'thinking mode' . . . what to write? Well for number one, son John is due home this week for just a day or two but it is always a mood lifter and the hugs are pretty special too. He will be flying in to Crescent City about thirty miles from Brookings and Pat and I will go and pick him up. We might even buy him lunch or dinner depending on his arrival time. It is hard to travel these days with all of the on going changes at the airports. They are now charging for your bags. Soon they will find a way to charge you for sitting, over and above the price of the ticket. Probably find out that your right knee is heavier than your left so that should account for an additional dollar or two. When they start to charge by weight, I'm walking.
I had a telephone call early this morning from my friend, Margaret, who is ninety years old this year and find her new quarters very comfortable. She tells me she has a one room affair and is enjoying the tasty meals and the fact that she does not have to think about what to serve or how to cook it. She called to thank me for sending "Bodewel Manor" and said she found the chapters on genealogy interesting. Her nieces have been working on her family genealogy for several years and have found their way back to the sixteenth century.......wow, isn't that something. I'd be lucky if I could go back a hundred years especially after a priest told me the name Sullivan was O'Sulliban meaning 'one-eye', maybe a pirate or two yet to be discovered.
So I've toyed with a few little thoughts this morning. The fog is still with us and my budgie birds are waiting on the wires for me to come out with some food for them. I thought there was only a dozen, well I was wrong there must be three dozen. I'll have to walk up to the store and get some more bird feed, and maybe some of those no fat, low fat ice cream bars. They are not bad, but . . . there goes that 'but' again . . . the real stuff loaded with all the goodies is so much tastier.
So find a way to cut calorie corners another way and go buy the 'real' stuff and add the sugar cones, why not? You may as well enjoy it now before the airlines find a way to corner the market and charge extra on your next flight. Make today a good one. I've changed my mind, I'm off to buy some "Death By Chocolate", sounds good to me. Wish you could stop by, I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment